|CUDA Cores ||1536 |
|GPU Memory ||4GB GDDR5 |
|Memory Interface ||256-bit |
|Memory Bandwidth ||173.0GB/s |
|System Interface ||PCI Express 2.0 x16 |
|Maximum Power Consumption ||122W |
|Idle Power ||18W |
|Energy Star Enabling ||Yes |
|Thermal Solution ||Ultra-quiet active fansink |
|Form Factor ||4.376" H x 10.50" L, Dual Slot |
|Display Connectors ||DVI-I DL + DVI-D DL + DP 1.2 + DP 1.2 |
|DisplayPort 1.2 ||Yes |
|DisplayPort with Audio ||Yes |
|VGA Support ||Via included adapter |
|Number of Displays Supported ||4 |
|Maximum DP 1.2 Resolution ||3840 x 2160 at 60Hz or 4096 x 2160 at 48Hz |
|Maximum DVI-I DL Resolution ||2560 x 1600 at 60Hz |
|Maximum VGA Resolution ||2048 x 1536 at 85Hz |
|HDCP Support ||Yes |
|Professional 3D Support ||Yes, via included stereo connector bracket |
|Mac OS X Graphics API ||OpenGL 3.2 |
|Windows Graphics APIs ||Shader Model 5.0, OpenGL 4.3, DirectX 11 |
|Warranty ||3 Years |
|PNY Part Number ||VCQK5000MAC-PB |
Minimum System Requirements
- MacPro3,1; MacPro4,1; MacPro5,1 or later
- Mac OS X 10.8.3 or later
- Microsoft Windows (via Boot Camp) 8, 7, Vista, or XP SP3 (32- or 64-bit)
- DisplayPort, DVI, or VGA compatible display(s)
- NVIDIA Quadro K5000 for Mac professional graphics board
- Stereo connector bracket
- Auxiliary power cable
- Two DisplayPort to mini-DisplayPort adapters
- DVI-I to VGA adapter
- Printed QuickStart Guide
Features & Benefits
3D Graphics Architecture
- Scalable geometry architecture
- Hardware tessellation engine
- NVIDIA GigaThread engine with dual copy engines
- Shader Model 5.0 (OpenGL 4.3 and DirectX 11
- Up to 16K x 16K texture and render processing
- Transparent multisampling and super sampling
- 16x angle independent anisotropic filtering
- 128-bit floating point performance
- 32-bit per component floating point texture filtering and blending
- 64X full scene antialiasing
- FXAA and TXAA full scene antialiasing
- Decode acceleration for MPEG-2, MPEG-4 Part 2 Advanced Simple Profile, H.264, MVC, VC1, DivX (version 3.11 and later), and Flash (10.1 and later)
- Dedicated H.264 encoder
- Blu-ray dual-stream hardware accelerating (supporting HD picture-in-picture playback)
NVIDIA CUDA Parallel Processing Architecture
- SMX architecture (streaming multi-processor design that delivers greater processing and efficiency)
- API support including: CUDA C, CUDA C++, DirectCompute 5.0, OpenCL, Java, Python, and Fortran
- NVIDIA Parallel Data Cache hierarchy (configurable L1 and unified L2 caches)
- Error-Correction Code (ECC) memory
- 64KB of RAM (configurable partitioning of shared memory and L1 cache)
- Dual Warp Schedules (schedules and dispatches simultaneously instructions from two independent warps)
Advanced Display Features
- 30-bit color (10-bit per each red, green and blue channel)
- Support for any combination of three connected displays
- DisplayPort 1.2 (up to 3840 x 2160 at 60Hz and 2560 x 1600 at 120Hz)
- DVI-I Dual-Link output (up to 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz and 1920 x 1200 at 120Hz)
- DVI-D Dual-Link output (up to 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz and 1920 x 1200 at 120Hz)
- Internal 400MHz DAC DVI-I output (analog display up to 2048 x 1536 at 85Hz) DisplayPort 1.2, HDMI 1.4, and HDCP support (HDMI requires 3rd party adapter)
- 10-bit internal display processing
- NVIDIA 3D Vision™ technology, 3D DLP, interleaved, and other 3D stereo format support
- Full OpenGL quad buffered stereo support
- Underscan/overscan compensation and hardware scaling
- NVIDIA NVIEW multi-display technology - NVIDIA Mosaic technology
- Support for large-scale, ultra-high resolution visualization including Quadro Mosaic, Quadro Sync and Warp/Blend technologies
NVIDIA® CUDA® Architecture
Parallel-computing architecture that tightly integrates advanced visualization and compute features to significantly accelerate professional workflows.
NVIDIA Scalable Geometry Engine
Dramatically improves geometry performance across a broad range of CAD, DCC and medical applications, enabling you to work interactively with models and scenes that are an order of magnitude more complex than ever before.
Large Framebuffer with Ultra-Fast Bandwidth
Large GPU memory with fast bandwidth for display of complex models and scenes, as well as computation of large datasets.
Dual Copy Engines
Enables the highest rates of parallel data processing and concurrent throughput between the GPU and host, accelerating techniques such as ray tracing, color grading and physical simulation.
Delivers more processing performance and efficiency through this new, innovative streaming multiprocessor design that allows a greater percentage of space to be applied to processing cores versus control logic.
Silent cooling design enables acoustics lower than 28db for an ultra-quiet desktop environment.
Full-Scene Antialiasing (FSAA)
Up to 64X FSAA for dramatically reducing visual aliasing artifacts or "jaggies," resulting in unparalled image quality and highly realistic scenes.
GPU Tessellation with Shader Model 5.0
Quadro Tessellation Engines automatically generate finely detailed geometry for cinematic quality environments and scenes, without sacrificing performance.
16K Texture and Render Processing
Provides the ability to texture from and render to 16K x 16K surfaces. Beneficial for applications that demand the highest resolution and quality image processing.
All-new display engine drives up to four displays simultaneously and fully supports the next generation Display Port 1.2 features. DisplayPort 1.2 supports enhanced color depth, higher refresh rates, and increased resolutions as high as 3840 x 2160 at 60 Hz or 4096 x 2160 at 48 Hz to enable an expansive workspace and boost productivity.
30-Bit Color Fidelity
(10-bits per red, green, and blue). Enables billions of color variations for rich, vivid image quality with the broadest dynamic range.
Professional 3D Stereo Synchronization
Enables robust control of stereo effect through a dedicated three-pin mini-din connection to directly synchronize 3D stereo hardware to Quadro graphics card.
NVIDIA CUDA Parallel Computing Architecture
Quadro solutions leverage general-purpose GPU computing using standard programming languages like C/C++ and Fortran, and emerging APIs such as OpenCL and Direct Compute. This broad adoption of CUDA accelerates techniques like ray tracing, video and image processing, and computation fluid dynamics.